SUPPORT THE CAUSE
Ladies and gentlemen, start your photo uploads.
You can make a difference. Upload your photo, and help us spread the word about AFib. For every eligible photo we get, Janssen will make a contribution to the American Heart Association (AHA) to make a difference for the millions of Americans living with AFib.
Submit your photo by October 3rd, 2014
It could be featured on Michael’s car at Talladega on October 19th
Your photo helps Janssen support the work of the American Heart Association
Photos will be accepted from 12:00 AM ET on September 2, 2014 through 11:59 PM ET on October 3, 2014. Through October 3, 2014, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., will make a non-tax-deductible $1.00 donation for every photo received, with a minimum total contribution of $50,000, and up to $75,000, to the American Heart Association (AHA). The AHA is a beneficiary in this AFib and stroke awareness educational program. AHA’s participation is not an endorsement of any Janssen product or service.
For more information about AHA's mission of building healthier lives, free from cardiovascular diseases and stroke, visit the American Heart Association at heart.org
Look for your photo on Michael Waltrip’s #66 MyAfibStory.com car when he races at Talladega on October 19th
photo could not
Please make sure it meets our
PHOTO GUIDELINES and try again.
We successfully received your photo.
Thank you for submitting your photo and for helping people with AFib. Keep an eye on your email—we'll let you know by September 30 if your photo will be on Michael Waltrip's car at Talladega.
We accept jpeg, jpg, gif, and png image files (minimum 300 dpi) for upload. Maximum file size of 5MB.
Thank you for your interest in the MyAfibStory.com program (the “Program”, or “Service”), made available, and owned exclusively, by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Sponsor” or “We”).
- 1. Program Period: The Program begins at 12:00 A.M. Eastern Time ("ET") on September 2 and ends at 11:59 P.M. ET on October 3.
- 2. Charitable Donation: Through October 3, 2014, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., will make a non-tax deductible $1.00 donation for every photo received, with a minimum total contribution of $50,000, and up to $75,000, to the American Heart Association (AHA). The AHA is a beneficiary in this AFib and stroke awareness educational program. AHA’s participation is not an endorsement of any Janssen product or service. The donations made by Sponsor are not tax deductible to users. Photographs rejected from the Program for failure to comply with the Submission Guidelines and Restrictions (below) will not qualify toward the donation.
- 3. Modifications to these Terms: We may make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time in our sole discretion, by updating this posting on this Website, and specifying the effective date of the new version of the Agreement. Each time changes are made to the Agreement, notice of these changes will be posted on the home page. The “Last Modified” date at the bottom of these Terms and Conditions. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of a new version of the Agreement constitutes your acceptance of any such changes.
- 4. Submission Guidelines and Restrictions: The following Guidelines and Restrictions govern your participation in the Program and your submission of Photographs to the Program. Uploaded Photographs will not be returned to the user. We have the right to review all Photographs submitted and we may reject or remove any Photographs or other content you submit that we determine:
- a. is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, obscene, harmful, tortious, libelous, or invasive of another's privacy;
- b. attacks the character or damages the reputation of other users, name-calls, insults, ridicules, mocks, electronically stalks or otherwise harasses another individual;
- c. contains material, language or an image that is profane, pornographic, sexually graphic, ethnically offensive, “off color”, political, or propaganda; contains crude, vulgar or offensive images or nudity;
- d. infringes or violates any party's intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, using third-party copyrighted materials or the names or likenesses of others without appropriate permission and attribution (note that photographs with children may be submitted only by their parents or legal guardians), using third-party trademarks without appropriate permission or attribution, where needed, and using or distributing third-party information (whether or not protected as a trade secret) in violation of a duty of confidentiality;
- e. has been broadcasted, streamed, published or televised in any form of media, including television, books and movies;
- f. contains any advertising, promotional materials, chain letters, spam, junk mail, or any other type of unsolicited mass e-mail to people or entities that have not agreed to be part of such mailings;
- g. is intended to buy or solicit any goods, services, or money to advertise or sell products or services of others;
- h. discloses or references any personally identifiable information belonging to you or a third party;
- i. depicts or describes any activities that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to collecting and distributing information about others without their permission;
- j. impersonates any person or entity; falsely states or otherwise misrepresents an affiliation with any person or entity; intentionally omits, deletes, forges, or misrepresents transmission information, including headers, return mailing, and Internet protocol addresses; or otherwise manipulates identifiers to disguise the origin of any user content transmitted to the Service;
- k. contains any worms, viruses, or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files, code, or programs;
- l. interferes with, disrupts, or harms in any way the Service, applications, servers or networks connected to the Service;
- m. uses the Service for any illegal purpose, or violates any applicable local, state, national, foreign or international law or regulation, intentionally or unintentionally;
- n. promotes or depicts drugs or alcohol, violence, illegal or inappropriate activities or dangerous behavior that may result in harm;
- o. We otherwise determine to be inappropriate for the Website or inconsistent with our image and reputation
- 5. Consent and Release. For good and valuable consideration, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, and by submitting a Photograph, you hereby irrevocably (1) authorize, license and grant Sponsor, its Agents, and its respective past, present, and future affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, successors, and assignees, their respective transferees and licensees, and the employees, officers, directors, members and agents of any of them (collectively, the “Authorized Persons”), the rights to use, create, reproduce, distribute, transmit, adapt, create derivative works, publicly perform, publicly display, publish, republish, advertise, license, sell, and otherwise use and permit others to use in any manner, my name, biographical and occupational description, Photograph, picture, image, appearance, likeness, voice, video, moving imagery, audio, signature, and other personal characteristics and private information, and all materials created by or on behalf of Company that incorporate any of the foregoing (collectively, the “Authorized Material”), in whole, or in part, composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or transformations, on an irrevocable, exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, paid-in-full, royalty-free basis throughout the world and in all forms, formats, and media (which now or hereafter may exist), for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising, training, publicity, and promotion of Company and its affiliates and their businesses, products, and services, (2) assign to Company any and all of my worldwide right, title, and interest in and to the Authorized Material and intellectual property rights therein, and (3) authorize the Authorized Persons to attribute to me any statements contained in the Authorized Material that are true expressions of my personal experiences and beliefs. By submitting a Photograph, you expressly discharge and release Authorized Persons of and from any and all claims and demands arising out of any such use or reproduction of the Authorized Material, including but not limited to claims for libel, invasion of privacy, or violation of the right of publicity. By submitting a Photograph you also certify that you are  years of age or older and that you have read and understand the foregoing and fully understand and agree to the contents thereof.
- 6. Your Warranties Regarding Photographs Submitted Through the Program and Grant of Rights to Sponsor: By submitting Photographs for posting in the Program, you agree that you have read and are familiar with the Guidelines and Restrictions above. By submitting Photographs for the Program, you also: (1) represent and warrant that you have obtained all necessary licenses, consents, waivers, releases, authorizations and/or permissions to post or transmit the Photographs; (2) represent and warrant that the Photographs do not constitute confidential information and are free of any claims of proprietary or personal rights; (3) agree that you are solely responsible for all Photographs that you submit for posting; (4) agree that such Photographs are original with you and that you own all right, title and interest in the Photographs and any elements you include in the Photographs; and (5) grant to Sponsor and its affiliated entities an irrevocable, worldwide, nonexclusive, perpetual, fully sub-licensable, transferable, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, publicly perform, and publicly display such Photographs (in whole or part) on the Service and on any affiliate or successor website owned or operated by Sponsor or its affiliates, as well as on any social media sites associated with the Program, related to the Program, to promote the Service, the Program, the charities participating in the Program, and in communications about the Program, without compensation, notification, approval or any other obligation, to anyone, including yourself. Without limiting the foregoing, but for the avoidance of doubt, Sponsor acknowledges and agrees that you will retain the ownership of the Photographs and Sponsor and its affiliates will not use the Photographs in any product advertising. You will not have any claim against Sponsor with respect to any use or non-use of Photographs, and to the extent a claim is made against Sponsor or any of affiliated entities by any third party with respect to Photographs, you agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor and its affiliated entities harmless with respect to any such claims, including, without limitation, attorneys’ costs and expenses incurred in connection therewith.
Submission of a Photograph grants Sponsor and its Agents the right (but not the obligation) to produce and promote a custom car design for Michael Waltrip based on a collection of submitted Photographs, and the right to publish, use, adapt, alter, edit, cut, crop or otherwise modify your Photograph without restriction, in any and all media, and without consideration to you.
By submitting a Photograph, you understand and acknowledge that Sponsor is in the business of designing and manufacturing products and packaging and therefore does not agree to treat your photo as secret or confidential. Accordingly, you release the Agents (as defined above) from any and all claims, liability or causes of action arising from or related to your submitted Photograph, and you will not be entitled to any compensation from Sponsor with respect to a Photograph submission.
If your Photograph is eligible to be included in the design of Michael Waltrip’s race car, the position of your Photograph on the car will be selected at random. If, however, there are last-minute changes to the car design, a display of your Photograph cannot be assured by Sponsor or its Agents. We cannot guarantee that your Photograph actually will appear on the car.
- 7. Storage of Photographs: You agree that Sponsor may establish, in its sole discretion and without prior notice to you, a maximum amount of storage space for Photographs maintained, disseminated, or transmitted through the Service. You agree that Sponsor has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of or failure to store any Photographs maintained, disseminated, or transmitted through the Service.
- 8. Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement: The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. Without limiting our rights under Section 5 (Term and Termination), it is our policy, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent (designated below in this Section) with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service; your address, telephone number, and e-mail address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on such copyright owner’s behalf that fails to supply all of the information set forth above shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon us actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident. Our copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
E-mail: [email@example.com ].
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice with our copyright agent. You should note that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
- 9. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and our agents, business partners, staff and affiliates harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses, related to either your violation of these Terms and Conditions, your use of the Service and/or the unauthorized use of any personal information or data uploaded in connection with the Program.
- 10. Governing Law/Miscellaneous. These Terms and Conditions shall be construed, interpreted and performed exclusively according to the laws of the State of New Jersey, United States of America, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You expressly agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or directly or indirectly relating to these Terms and Conditions or use of the Service shall be filed only in the Federal or state courts sitting in New Jersey. You hereby consent and submit to personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of any action related to the Service, your access or use thereof, or these Terms and Conditions, and to extra-territorial service of process. Should any part or provision of these Terms and Conditions be held unlawful, void, invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be deemed severable from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. These Terms and Conditions constitute the only terms between us and you. These Terms and Conditions supersede any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and understandings with respect to the Service, the content, and/or services provided by or through the Service, and the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Service is in conflict or inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions shall take precedence. Our failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of its right to enforce such provision.
- 11. Security. This site takes reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information as you transmit it to our site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure.
- 12. Unsubscribe: If you would like to be removed from the Program, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting removal.
CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
This site is published by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., which is solely responsible for its contents. The material on this site is intended only as informational or as an educational aid and is not intended to be taken as medical advice. The ultimate responsibility for patient care resides with a healthcare professional.
The information on this site is intended for US and Puerto Rico residents only. Laws, regulatory requirements, and medical practices for pharmaceutical products vary from country to country.
© Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 2014
This page was last modified on: September 2, 2014